Very often, mulled wine is prepared in winter and especially during Christmas celebrations. This is a hot drink recipe that comes in many variations, which you can also customize at will.
It can therefore be used as a little pick-me-up to cope with the throes of the cold, or simply as a treat that one can afford. No more chatter, how do you go about making a good mulled wine?
The recipe is very simple, but you have to follow all the steps here to make it happen.
Before you can taste your mulled wine, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 L of good wine: Bordeaux, Cotes du Rhône
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom
- A tablespoon of dark rum
- The rind of an untreated orange
- A large saucepan
- A ladle to serve
Once you have this necessary, you will need to count:
- 10 minutes for preparation
- 30 minutes for cooking
- 10 minutes for the break
The most important thing is to have a thick wine, hence the choice of Bordeaux or Côtes du Rhône. How to do now? It's very simple :
- Put the wine in the large saucepan with the tablespoon of rum. Then add the orange peels, cardamom and ginger.
- Also add the nutmeg, the cinnamon stick, without forgetting the powdered sugar.
- Then mix everything together so that the sugar can dissolve completely.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat so that only a very small broth remains.
- Then seal the pot halfway to allow the steam to escape.
- Let everything cook for half an hour.
- Then pass through a filter to remove the cinnamon stick and the bark
- Once this is done, let everything cool and serve with a ladle in glasses.
A few tips
As said in the introduction, mulled wine is very often associated with meals during the Christmas period. Therefore, you can make this recipe while serving the cakes for this holiday, as well as at the end of the night. Christmas recipes always bring joy, and you can add mulled wine, almonds or candied fruit to this recipe. It would then be a rather original touch that will undoubtedly delight your guests. Amaze them!
In conclusion, the mulled wine recipe is very easy to make. You will undoubtedly succeed by obtaining the various ingredients mentioned, then by scrupulously respecting the steps of realization. In the end, you can enjoy your mulled wine, and why not, taste it with some very crispy cakes!