Do you want to know how to get the right K2 roller blade for your needs? You are in the right place. Discover our buying guide, as well as our reviews, test and top 3 of the best K2 skates.
- The Original K2 soft shoe ensures a perfect fit and optimal comfort
- Cuff Stability Plus Cuff - a plastic coating on the upper for added stability - Flex Notch
- Rail F B I (Frame Base Interlocking) for extra strong vibration absorption
- ABEC-3 ball bearing - 70 mm wheels 80 A - Maximum wheel size 72 mm - Brake fitted (change possible on the left shoe)
- Traditional laces with Velcro closure
How to choose your K2 inline skates?
You have decided to buy inline skates, and this, from the best brands on the market. K2 inline skates are undoubtedly one of them. But how do you choose the pair that best suits your practice? Here are our answers.
A leader in innovation
K2 is an American firm specializing in the production of sliding sports equipment including skiing (ski helmet, ski boots, ski poles, etc.), snowboarding and rollerblading. In 56 years of activity, it has gradually established itself as one of the benchmark brands in roller skating.
Indeed, practically all recognize a certain number of technological innovations in him which have allowed the practice of roller skating to evolve over the years. By the way, we readily recognize him as the lightest roller skates on the circuit, thanks to the use of fiberglass.
Another technology that makes K2 famous is the diversity of the lacing and tightening systems of its skates. Apart from those with classic laces, a micrometric buckle or a velcro, more and more skates are now equipped with a quick lacing system or quick lace, or the Boa system. Patented K2, the latter works on the basis of a knob installed directly on the tongue and which acts as a screw device to turn to tighten and loosen the lace. This closure process not only provides good support for practitioners' feet, but also the benefit of speed and efficiency.
The ideal inline skates for beginners
To start skating, practitioners must put on skates that can give them good stability.In this perspective, the K2 Fit & Alexis 84 Boa are the models with the most technical characteristics to learn skating because of their great maneuverability.
Available for men (Fit) and for women (Alexis), these Pro (quick lace tightening) or Boa (Boa tightening) range skates are flanked by a semi-rigid shell, a velcro closure system and micrometric buckle. Equipped with 4 wheels of 84mm with a hardness of 80A, the plates can also accommodate 4 wheels of 90mm (on the Boa models) for practicing sport hiking or when your level has improved.
Good rolling, comfort and an ideal fit thanks to the mix between the different lacing and tightening systems. This is how skaters who have already experienced the joys of these K2 skates sum up their performance.
- Réglage facile de la taille par simple pression d'un bouton sur 4 tailles, frein prémonté et amovible
- Squelette HQ en polypropylène avec micro boucle, sangle Velcro et laçage pour un ajustement optimal et confortable
- Chausson intérieur avec rembourrage anatomique confortable et une semelle intérieure spéciale pour les enfants
- Rail en polypropylène HQ robuste et résistant à la torsion
- Roues de 64 à 72 mm/82 A, roulements à billes ABEC 3
First-rate children's rollerblades
These quick lace or Boa tightening systems are also found on K2 children's skates. K2 children's inline skates (in this case the "Charm" models in roller skates for girls and "Hero" models for boys) can be fitted with an integrated slipper (K2 softbox) to optimize comfort, as well as 4 wheels. 76mm mounted on a very rigid extruded aluminum plate for indoor use or on cycle paths.
As is the case with practically all children's rollerblades, we are dealing with adjustable size skates and the American firm was particularly keen to develop a system that can be adjusted in 5 sizes, from 29 to 34, from 32 to 37, from 35 to 40 (see our section on progressive skating).
The ultimate roller skates
K2 has also designed touring rollerblades which are considered essential in the discipline.
And for good reason, ideal for medium or long distance sporty hikes, the K2 VO2 pro is practically unanimous thanks to its components: first the quick lace system, then the VO2.2 plate which is, they say, the lightest the firm has ever produced, and finally the liner ventilation device, called Vortech ventilation.
This is, once again, one of the many innovations made in improving K2 skates. How it works ? This technology allows air to circulate through the outsole, the insole and through the slippers. Thanks to the greater control of heat and humidity thus obtained, the feet thus remain dry practically in all circumstances for good performance.
- The original SOFTBOOT from K2 provides a perfect fit and maximum comfort
- Le collier VO2 Cuff, qui est un renfort en plastique placé au dessus de la coque, procure plus de maintien pour un poids réduit – Équipés de la platine VO2-S innovante, placée uniquement le long de la face interne des roues. Cette conception offre un design esthétique indéniable, mais aussi un gain d’amorti d’environ 15 à 20 % par rapport aux précédents modèles VO2. Pour autant, ils n’ont rien perdu de leur stabilité et manoeuvrabilité habituelles, même à grande vitesse.
- Roulements ILG-9 Classic Plus – Roues : 100 mm, 83A; diamètre max des roues : 100 mm
- Système de laçage Boa. Les patins s'ajustent parfaitement au pied grâce à la manipulation simple de la molette
- Frein monté (peut seulement être monté à droite) – Flex Notch - Le talon est partiellement isolé du haut de la doublure. Cela offre une meilleure tenue du talon, plus de stabilité et de soutien tout en permettant un mouvement plus souple et ample.
What about other disciplines?
The K2 brand is not really known for its quad roller skates, but it did produce some, for example the case of the K2 Phenomen. On the other hand, it is extremely present in inline skates (see our page dedicated to inline skating), with, among others, the Longmount Pro model speed skating.
As for freestyle skating and aggressive skating, we will find Varsity skates or the famous Fatty Pro in street, while in freeride, there is Il Capo.
Moreover, one would be tempted to believe that K2 has particularly worked on its fitness range since there is a plethora of offers, with models that differ mainly in the diameter of the wheels. The Fit and Alexis 84 are, as their name suggests, equipped with 84mm wheels. But there is an 80mm version which, on the other hand, does not have the Boa system. On the other hand, we can mention the Mach 100 (one 90mm front wheel and two 100mm wheels) and the women's version, the Celena 90 even if there is a Mach 90.
Never late to catch up with the times, K2 has also marketed "Eco" range products (environmental protection being an important cause), models designed using eco-sustainable materials including turntables. in bamboo, available in Etu for men and Maia for women.
Finally, it should be noted that the firm has also invested in other parts and accessories and roller protection equipment, in this case: roller wheels, roller helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, leg pads, wrist guards, etc.